Monday, February 1, 2010

Girl At The Diner.

I gazed into her lonesome eyes
Hazel worlds of sad mystery
I gazed into her open wound
Of trust betrayed
And a heart forlorn

I gazed into her lonesome eyes
Expecting a world of anger or hate
Maybe retribution for a broken heart
Or consigned to loneliness as
Her Fate

I reached out in the way I could
Promising to help her wounds to heal
She smiled gingerly as my hand she held
"What of the wounds that are concealed?"

Down that dusty diner, one day, It was
an evening of spring, Sometime in May
She cried as I put the ring on her hand
As we left with out footprints of love
On the grains of sand

Years have passed since I met her then
And now she lays buried - deep in rest,
I weep clutching her photo to my chest,
Never thinking the blow life had dealt
for that fateful night I had met,
That heavenly girl is the diner

---- Harish Vishwanathan

No comments:

Post a Comment