Monday, February 1, 2010

LOST. But are they always found??


I have been searching for my love-in-Tokyo since ages! I'd define "ages" as around.. say.. 3-4 weeks. And by "Love in Tokyo", I am totally not thinking about some love i found in Tokyo (of all places!)... no no.. its a hair band you could say... got its name coz it was took its first appearance in Inida in an old hindi film "Love in Tokyo".. waayyy old.. Coming back to my "issue", its not that i dont have another love-in (I think I'll say "band" henceforth.. Saying "love in, love in" kinda feels a little wierd.)... infact, i have one more that looks just like it! But i still cant keep my thoughts from wandering off to where that long lost band [ ;) ] could be.. Sometimes, (like when we used to play hide and seek as kids) I put myself in the band's "shoes" and think out loud as to where it could be hiding... where it could be lying all lonely and sad.. :( maybe lying between the cushions of some sofa.. or even worse, it could now be being trampled on by strangers... Oooh! my poor babe! :( This is not exactly the first time im loosing something.. and i can bet its not going to be the last either! If im not wrong, in all these 24 years on planet earth, I should be having lots of other "poor babes" hanging around all over... God knows where. (!) But when you have depended on some material thing (be it a diary or a earring or a tie) for a reasonable period of time, it tends to grow into you and take for itself a fairly big corner of your heart... And then when you soooo get used to it being there, comes the sad part: It disappears.
I think the series-of-events is pretty much the same even when its a Homo sapien it is that you loose. I remember I had a similar story with a friend. Initially though, he was nothing close to a friend. We used to treat each other as scum. But then, a scum can get used to the company of another scum. And so, we had had a good time together. I just knew it that we would be friends for the rest of our life! Everything was perfect (that is, if you dont count the once-in-a-while cold wars). And then, as nature would have it- He disappeared. Yeah Yeaah.. he's still alive and all.. but he did disappear from that corner in my heart. Well, some people would say that not all stories have a happy ending. But I'd rather think that there was a very good reason why that crap of a band (and that friend of mine as well) didnt make it to the next phase of my life. Maybe.. just MAYBE.. they were not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment